07 September 2006

It´s Been Good to Know You

Tuesday night I make it over to Notting Hill Gate to meet up with Dawn, a Londoner I met last year in Pai, Thailand. A charming girl I met on the street corner, when she (along with an American girl she was travelling with) asked me if I knew how to find the Mexican restaurant in Pai. I didn´t, but they invited me to come along anyway, and I spent the next 3 alcohol-soaked days in the nearly constant company of Dawn and Whitney (the American). (Full details at onesandal at right).

Had a brief but lovely chat with Dawn, but the nicest thing was the strange familiarity. It´s hard to encapsule, but it´s the little things that make you realize how nice it is to re-connect with fellow travelers. I had my day bag with me when we met up at the pub, and she saw it it, and sweetly exclaimed, 'Oh, I remember that bag!´ Our familiarity, luckily, had a tangible relic along with me.

Nice to see you, Dawn, and un-storied honorable mention to Helen, a South African I met in Belize, and Guy, a Londoner I met in Chiang Mai, for taking time out of their lives to visit with me this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Website Counter