23 September 2005

Livin' in a Liberal's Paradise

To all of the left-leaners out there, I may just have found you the perfect storm of pacifism, environmentalism and anti-globalization. September 23-25 in Washington, DC has been officially decreed Left-Wing Heaven (that is, if the term "heaven" didn't suppose a judeo-christian deity, a notion that offends our atheist/Hindu/agnostic/Zorastrian/Buddhist comrades.)

(1) I'll actually have a flat-full of folks coming up for DC Green Festival. I sort my recylables and haul them out to the dumpster (rather than throw them down the rather convenient trash chute), and don't vote for Republicans, I feel like my eco-card is punched, but hey, the world needs its Greenies. Have at it, girls.

(2) The IMF-World Bank meetings are the weekend, so we'll have the anarchists as well as the loony left out protesting those evil Bretton-Woods folks for...trying to advance standards of living in the developing world? (Hey Anarchists: If you don't get the Bretton-Woods reference, you should spend the weekend reading some economics books rather than protesting a system you don't even understand.)

(3) And for those of you who like to return broken merchandise and ask for a full refund, there's a "Get Out of Iraq Now" anti-war march on the Mall.

(4) And while a handful of conservatives actually do read books, I imagine the featured food will be granola and selected scent patchoulli at the 2005 National Book Festival.

Hey, this is part of living in the capital and all, so I can roll with it. But please stand to the right on Metro escalators and don't saunter down the sidewalk 4 abreast, OK?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

14:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for hosting us Moleskin! Guess what I'm going to do tonight...I'm going to write about my visit to our nation's capital in my real moleskin notebook.

20:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah...I recall fondly the oddball fun of protest time in the nation's capital. I alwways knew that I shouldn't look at the train wreck occurring before my eyes, but-it's-just-too-powerful-cannot divert-eyes. I've got it! Tagging Taberna del Alabardero with anarchist gibberish will surely bring about the destruction of the world's institutions--that'll show those corporate yes men at World Bank and IMF! On second thought--I think Green-themed cocktails at the author's flat will certainly do much more to bring the end of organized civiliation. At least crazy makes only the occasional appearance in DC. In the Sunny State crazy waits around every corner. At least it never ceases to entertain.

17:09  
Blogger JPS said...

I'll address present post later, but wished all Atlanteans to know that I have moved: http://literarylicense.blogspot.com

06:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Website Counter