12 October 2005

snips and snails and puppy dog tails

I like that I got to pull out a sweater today and wear it to work. I also like that it's not going to be over 90 again for the rest of the year. I don't like that Ohio State got spanked by Penn State this weekend. I like basil and ripe red tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. I like croissants. I like the sound of shattered glass. I don't really like barbeque sauce. And I think that olives are sort of gross. And I hate the sound of styrofoam rubbing against styrofoam, it gives me goosebumps. I like sending emails. I like receiving emails. But I really like sending and receiving postcards, but it's a lot more fun when you're someplace interesting, or you know someone going somewhere cool. Sometimes I even like writing letters, but despite my rather neat penmanship, I prefer typing. I like that I went for a rather long run yesterday, over an hour, and I sort of liked "Insomnia" (the Swedish film), but I don't like that I didn't get as much work done as I should have. I like that the Yankees lost and the Browns won this weekend. I still don't like that the Indians failed to make the playoffs. I like laughing with others. I like being alone. I'm not sure I like how my apartment is decorated, but I'm not sure I care enough to spend the energy to change it. I'm not sure I like that about me, though. I like four day work weeks as much as I like the long weekend. I like glassware. I didn't really like "Confederacy of Dunces" but I am enjoying "Winter of Our Discontent." I like my new printer, and don't like that I still don't have my iPod from FedEx.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it when you send postcards!

16:07  
Blogger JPS said...

I have one of your Cambodian postcards on my fridge. And you just preemptively stole the title of the post that I was about to put up, you bastard.

20:04  
Blogger Mama Moose said...

I like basil and tomatoes and mozzarella too. One of the sad things about summer being over, yet, I like fall for its coolness. The rainyness on the other hand...not so much.

17:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do sweaters as well as anyone I have ever seen. Your laugh is infectious, even when one is the subject of your mockery producing the laugh. Your apartment is great because it isn't trying to be anything but a collection of the things you have picked up along the way--matches your personality. You have a knack for making the most that can be of the four-day work week and of the three day weekend. What can anyone say about "Confederacy of Dunces"? What a really great post.

12:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Website Counter