17 May 2005

May Flowers

Baseball is back in the Nation's Capital, and that makes me happy. For those of you who don't follow America's Pasttime, the Montreal Expos picked up shop last year and moved into Robert F. Kennedy Stadium here in DC. The place is old, decrepit, and reminds everyone I know of the stadium that they grew up in (the Vet, Cleveland Muni, Riverfront, Three Rivers, etc.). The stadium is also huge, and tons of the season tickets have been bought by law firms, consulting firms and corporations - as a result, there are plenty of spare tickets floating around my circles here, so I doubt I'll pay for a game all year. And shockingly, the Nats are actually pretty good so far.

Made it to my first game last night, and brought home a winner. The fun thing is all the guys in suits you see at the weeknight games - fortunately business casual Jason can leave right from work and not look too goofily dressed at a game.

Spring hopes eternal, my friends, and the weather's changing, I'm boat shopping and I can see major league baseball 60 more times or so this year just by plopping on the Metro.

Oh yeah, and I'm meeting up with moosemunch tonight as well!

4 Comments:

Blogger JPS said...

There is no justice in this world whatsoever. The Indians, who were supposed to be good, have been hitting like a freakin tee-ball team and barring a prolonged cooling-off period for the White Sox and some top of the order production will be eliminated from contention bt the All Star break. Your team, which was expected to suck donkey, which has had its stadium collapse and been cursed by Yaweh to wander the earth, is somehow three games over .500. It probably won't last, but it's more success than they deserve.

12:32  
Blogger Jason said...

I imagine I'll always be an Indians fan first, mon frere, but I have been following the Nats since I've been back some as well. I don't really feel like I'm cheating as the Nationals are (appropriately) a National Leeague team, so any potential loyalty conflict would only occur every three years or so. Besides, I really need to follow the NL better to have a more educated voice on the designated hitter debate.

20:43  
Blogger Mama Moose said...

I was delighted to find "Go Nats" on T-shirts everywhere in DC. What friendly people.
--Natalie

08:59  
Blogger JPS said...

No coflict of interest implied. I'm still happily a backup Cardinals fan. It's not like they're in danger of playing the Indians in October this year.

19:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Website Counter