03 November 2005

On va a la France

Bonjour, Madames and Messeiurs,
I've been on the shores of these united 50 for a shade long, so I'm going to Paris. Haven't been since '99, and I was a bit of a wide-eyed traveling neophyte in those days, so I'm hoping that 5 nights in the City of Light this time will let me figure out if I'm a Left Banker or Right one.

Direct flight from Dulles to Charles de Gaulle on Air France for under $500 bucks is something of a steal, with our fuel prices being what they are these days. I've been to Amsterdam and to London in the period between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I have to say me experience then was that this is a great time to visit the Old World.

I've even pulled out my "Invitation" from college French class to try to brush up a bit on my French, we'll see.

Tips and suggestions are welcome...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drink wine and eat cheese while looking up at the Eiffel Tower, at night.
Do NOT stay at Les Trois Canards.
Nice is fun, but it might be a bit of a long of a train ride from Paris, I can't remember now. I haven't been since '99 either.
Try to visit Versaille when it's not crowded, if that's possible. Ask a local. I'll look at my scrapbook and see if anything else jumps out.

17:08  
Blogger JPS said...

Become a werewolf. It looked cool in the movie.

18:58  
Blogger Mama Moose said...

Watch out for the rioters. I'm not sure when you are going though...

13:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Website Counter