03 June 2005

Katie buys a kitchen size

I love hungover Fridays. I feel crappy, but it makes everything a little funnier than it should be.

Rip-roarin' time bar hopping in the Nation's Capital, and for those of you who live here, or even for those that occasionally visit, some thoughts:

-Two dollar Bud night at Lucky Bar - good call.
-The nachos at the Meeting Place are foul - cold cheeze whiz poured over chips, with a couple of dollops of salsa and sour cream and some jalapenos. They're like the ones they serve at baseball games but much, much worse.
-Smooth jazz doesn't sound any better live than it does on the radio. Awful, awful stuff.
-Bucket night at Front Page in DuPont Circle - way, way too many frat boys to be fun. I'm proud to say that for once, my idiot friends went, and I didn't.
-Nobody gets a cell phone signal in Buffalo Billiards. It's really pathetic how much we have become dependent on those goofy things. I'm as bad as anyone, too. But can't they put a cell tower in a basement bar?
-Patron Tequila - very, very nice. Doing shots of tequila after 5 hours of drinking? Very, very dumb.

This burn in my gut is soon to turn to rather wrenching pain - I need to say off the booze for a couple of days. Beers only for me tonight.

[Five moleskine points to anyone who can get that title reference without use of a search engine.]

3 Comments:

Blogger JPS said...

I dunno, some Boomtown Rats song? Rat Trap?

14:01  
Blogger Jason said...

Nope, a little more mainstream - but not much. Good try, Centerleft.

The picture of Chewie makes me laugh everytime. I love that mutt.

15:05  
Blogger JPS said...

I did use a search engine, and you've got to be kidding. Five points? What does a person have to do for ten? Identify compound hieroglyphs?

20:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Website Counter